Saturday 10 July 2010

Renders and Screenshots

I've been working hard with max and unreal attempting to get our basic structure working, I feel we can do a little more with the area, like boxing off the wide open gap where the carpark lies so it all becomes enclosed with light flooding in through the blue roof and the train/tram entrances and exits. With the new wall we could add a couple of small curved floors which provide extra relaxation / shopping zones. Leaving it open to the world seems strange, but I'll let you judge for yourself with the renders :)

As I said, I have been working hard to import this thing into unreal and it is obvious that I am yet to figure a few things out like why the roof looks the way it does; but i'm confident I can figure it out. The light from above comes through the blue mesh and distributes the colour through the station and, in my opinion, looks great (at least it will do when I sort out the problems i'm having). By the way, that roof is temporary and does not reflect the final choice ;)



I'd like it if we could meet on monday, discuss any references and ideas (especially lighting because it looks a bit grim at the moment) and look at how we could best implement them.

2 comments:

  1. Just figured out why the roof looked so fragmented, It now looks beautiful and distributes the light even more softly through the station!

    I'll look into getting a glow on the escalators like we had conceptualised and with that explore the above levels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys im back from holiday and catching up, glad you enjoyed your vist, i'll dig through the progress and feedback ASAP

    ReplyDelete